Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information
- Magazine House, Ltd. (“Magazine House”) will stipulate provisions concerning the protection of personal information, and ensure that its executives and employees are well informed of those provisions. In addition, Magazine House will request its transaction partners, etc. be compliance with the laws and regulations with regard to the handling of personal information, as well as supervise, guide or consult therewith when necessary.
- Magazine House will appoint a Personal Information Manager, and make security management system effective for handling of personal information and the like.
- In the collection of personal information, Magazine House will state the objectives of collection and use in advance, and use those properly within that scope. It will use the collected personal information mainly for the following objectives:
1) For confirmation of products or services purchased or registered, and for delivery thereof
- For confirmation of purchase and delivery of magazines and books, etc.
- For confirmation of applications for events or seminars, etc., and for distribution of email
- For confirmation of applications for email distribution services and for distribution of email
- For confirmation of registration with various member services, and for distribution of email
- For charging and payment for various products and services and for confirmation thereof
- For providing guidance for continuing subscriptions to periodical publications to which customers are subscribed
- For sending thank-you gifts, etc. for surveys, etc. in which customers have cooperated
- For sending premiums, etc. for prize contests, etc. for which customers have applied>
2) For provision or improvement of products or services that customers are using, and for development of new services
- For improvement of the contents of products, services and websites, etc. to be more satisfactory for customers
- For customization of contents of products, services and website, etc. to suit users
- For surveying satisfaction with information or products, etc. ordered by customers
- For compiling information statistically processed from personal information, and publication thereof as survey results
- For tracking the status of use by customers and making use thereof for improvement of services and development of new services
3) For provision of information in relation to products and services offered
- For provision of guidance on periodicals, books, digital contents, various member services, and various other services
- For requesting cooperation in surveys or participation in various events, and reporting on the results thereof
- For tracking the status of use of such things as products, services and websites, and for provision of information and surveys, etc. on Magazine House, as well as companies and organizations that are considered beneficial for customers
Please note that, if there is any change in information which may disrupt the delivery of products or charging out of the collected personal information, such as the names of municipalities and zip codes, names of financial institutions or credit card expiration dates, etc., Magazine House may change the registered information.
In addition, collected personal information may be associated with other information under management by Magazine House. For example, such information may be matched with the management system, etc. of periodicals published by Magazine House for confirmation of the fact that the users are subscribers to periodicals, or the like.
Magazine House will not provide to a third party personal information provided by the customer unless there is justifiable reason to do so such as in cases under the laws or regulations, or except for in the case where any of the following items is applicable.
- When there is the prior consent of the customer
- When disclosed as “statistical data” by which an individual cannot be
- When confirming the validity of bank accounts or credit cards, etc. of users with financial institutions and card companies, etc. in procedures of settlement for credit cards, etc. accompanying the use of paid services or orders for products
- When outsourcing handling of personal information to a third party within the scope necessary for achievement of the purposes of use
Please note that handling of personal information used for the purpose for news report or the purpose for literary work as set forth in Article 50, Paragraph 1 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information shall not be the target of this Basic Policy.
Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information
Concerning the stance on protection of personal information in the use of magazineworld.jp and other individual official websites for magazines and books published by Magazine House
Magazine House respects the privacy of readers and on the official websites of Magazine House (the “Magazine House Websites”) it will handle the personal information of users that is acquired via the website in accordance with the following policies.
Protection of personal information
On the use of personal information
Magazine House will not provide to or share with a third party the personal information provided by users who access the Magazine House Websites without the consent of the user himself/herself. However, in the following cases, Magazine House may provide information regarding the user without the consent of the user within the minimum necessary scope.
- When provided in the form of statistical information by which an individual cannot be identified for the purpose of research and analysis of trends of use of websites aiming at improvement of offered services
- When necessary for the protection of life, health, assets and rights, etc. of users who access the websites and besides it is difficult to obtain the consent of the user
- When a national agency or local municipality request cooperation to execute operations set forth in the laws or regulations
When using the information by which an individual user can be identified as a part of services for the convenience of the user, with the consent of the user, Magazine House will treat such information only in the following events:
- For services or functions provided by the Magazine House Websites, for the purpose of transmission of email notices that are distributed to users who desire, when users fill in answers to questionnaires or forms for confirmation of intent to purchase products offered, for the purpose of shipping premiums for application for gifts or products, etc., and for the purpose of communication or confirmation for the abovementioned operations or for inquiries of all sorts
- In addition, in the case where a user desires to participate in events promoted and announced on the Magazine House Websites, or in the case of complimentary event invitation program, etc., if it is necessary to enter multiple participants on one application, concerning services, etc. such as sending messages to persons who desire to apply for the program, Magazine House may request provision of information on the names or contact addresses, etc. of the friends of the user who participate together with the user (only when the applicant user can obtain the consent of the person who accompanies the user)
- When it is judged necessary in operations relating to the abovementioned shipping or communications, Magazine House may outsource the relevant operations to a third party that has executed a nondisclosure agreement with Magazine House for the purpose of protection of personal information.
(When a customer does not desire to provide information by which an individual can be identified, there is no particular problem in viewing web screens; however, there may be cases where the customer cannot participate in the services provided by the Magazine House Websites or by promotion and advertising relating thereto, or where the customer is unable to receive product information.)
Data retention period
The Magazine House’s websites do not retain personal information of users in excess of the period necessary for the purposes of collecting the information such as questionnaires or applications for gifts, or in excess of the period stipulated under the governing laws or related laws and regulations. If the information is kept as record for information related to questionnaires, it will be handled as statistical information, after excluding personal information.
- In order to distinguish the PC used by the accessing person by the type of OS or browser, or IP address, etc., and ascertaining information on which pages were previously viewed by the relevant PC
By changing the settings of your browser, it is possible to refuse to receive Cookies or have a warning be displayed when receiving a Cookie. Please not in advance that, although most of the services on the Magazine House Websites can be used even if the browser does not accept Cookies, without Cookies, there may be restrictions such as improper functioning of services that the user can use, or significant decline of reaction speed, and furthermore, there may be cases where the user becomes unable to use the service itself.
Personal Information Manager
Magazine House will assume managerial responsibility for collected personal information.
At Magazine House, we consider it extremely important to ensure the safety of all user related information by which identification of individuals is possible, and pay strict attention when receiving personal information sent from the computer of the user who accesses our websites to the web server of Magazine House using industry-standard SSL encryption technologies. However, unfortunately, it is difficult to guarantee 100% safe data transmission via the Internet. Therefore, Magazine House cannot completely guarantee technically the safety of the information transmitted by users at their responsibility or information received at Online Services of Magazine House at the present stage.